Internship at United Nations Alliance of Civilizations in NewYork
The Alliance of Civilizations launched by the Office of the Secretary-General of the United Nations and co-sponsored by the Governments of Spain and Turkey, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security. The Alliance seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization that militate against such a consensus. The Alliance hopes to contribute to a coalescing global movement which, reflecting the will of the vast majority of people, rejects extremism in any society.
The intern will work under the direct, overall supervision of the UNAOC Media and Information Literacy Project Manager. Specific intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Media and Information Literacy Education:
- Support, review and coordinate uploading of new content on MIL Clearinghouse
- Support communication with related initiatives and partners
- Assist with organization of MIL events
- Assist with communication with partners of the UNESCO UNITWIN UNAOC Global University Network on Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue
- Assist with logistical details of UNESCO UNITWIN UNAOC’s activities (conferences, publications, etc.)
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival on Migration, Diversity and Social Inclusion:
- Assist with the organization and other logistical details for the 2018 PLURAL + selection process and Award Ceremony
- Assist with the launching and outreach of PLURAL+ 2018
- Assist with the distribution of PLURAL+ 2017 Program
- Assist with updates of PLURAL+ website
- Communicate with PLURAL + partners and participants
- Support with video editing of PLURAL+ entries for social media outreach
- Support PLURAL+ social media outreach in multiple platforms
- Prepare press releases announcing PLURAL+ Festival and Awards Ceremony
- Support general coordination of workshops during PLURAL+ Festival
- Support design of program for PLURAL+ Festival
- Support all tasks for the event of PLURAL+ Festival and Awards Ceremony
- Support coordination of travel of PLURAL+ International Award Winners
PEACEapp, an initiative focusing on apps/games as venues for intercultural dialogue and conflict prevention
- Assist with the outreach of PEACEapp,
- Communicate with PEACEapp partners and participants
- Assist with updates of PEACEapp website
- Currently enrolled or recently completed university degree on Communications, Education, Political Science, or relevant program to UNAOC’s Media and Information Literacy initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; attention to detail; and determination to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience with social media and strong event organization skills is highly desirable.
- Experience organizing public events.
- Basic video editing knowledge (FCP, Adobe, and similar)
- Strong graphic design and layout skills, including familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of WordPress is necessary.
- Fluent in English with advanced written and verbal skills. Knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage.
Please attach two separate sets of documents to your application:
- 3 samples of M&E reports, written to other clients
- Financial proposal, corresponding to 3 milestones that UNAOC outlined in the TOR.
Deadline: 25th March, 2018