UNDP Operations and Travel Associate Internship at Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
The Operations and Travel Associate Internship provides support to Office operations performing a variety of administration, registry and travel processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
Duties and Responsibilities Operations and Travel Associate Internship
- Support Implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative and travel activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of operations team results-oriented work plans.
2. Effective and efficient provision of administrative and financial support services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Process and coordinate with MCO and GSSC the set-up of suppliers in the system, payment processing and reimbursement of payment claims of UNDP personnel and vendors
- Assist in optimal cost recovery as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in cash management processes and alternate as cashier for cash disbursements made on site.
- Assist in the preparation of audits and implementation of audit recommendations.
3. Implementation of travel sourcing strategy and management of travel processes for the Office, projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and analysis of market information in travel service areas.
- Collection of information for various surveys such as DSA survey.
- Processing of travel through the use of travel module in UNDP ERP system and ensures availability of budget
- Support and process requests for visas, ID cards and other relevant documentations for UN/UNDP officials, if necessary.
- Processing of application and renewal of UNLP for UN staff.
- Provide regular inputs to travel database without any error.
4. Ensures implementation of registry, reception and pouch services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Manage and oversee registry and reception services that includes customs and shipment clearance.
- Support in preparing bills for cost-recovery
- Support supervisor on UNDP surveys on data collection and market research
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the programme, operations and projects staff on administration and travel.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- The Operations and Travel Associate will be responsible for supervision, performance management and development of the Driver.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary education is required or
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration will be given due consideration
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum of 6 years (secondary education) or 3 Years (Bachelor’s degree) of progressively experience of working in Administration; knowledge of financial management or accounting experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems required.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS required.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, local language is an added advantage.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.