Asian Development Bank calls application for Paid ADB Internship Program Program 2021.
The ADB Internship Program Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs. ADB advertises internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The Paid ADB Internship Program Program offers the opportunity to:
- Work in a major international development organization.
- Work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries.
- Gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does.
- Contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Candidates on Paid ADB Internship Program Program must:
- Be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment.
- Have engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work.
- Be a national of one of ADB’s members.
- Possess an excellent command of English.
- Have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES)
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- ADB evaluates applications based on eligibility requirements, the relevance of the academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs, and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete the application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
The application period for the 2020 Internship Program
- 1st batch: 1 August to 30 September 2020, Onboard: January 2021 onwards
- 2nd batch: 1 December 2020 to 31 January 2021, Onboard: June 2021 onwards