UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) invites applicants to apply for paid Internships Programme with Education Cannot Wait Fund (ECW) in the United States. This is the opportunity for students and youths to acquire direct practical experience in international development work in education under the direct supervision of experienced ECW staff.
Generally, the intern provides technical and operational assistance to various processes in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting data and analysis. In addition to that, the intern will perform the following duties
- Conducting research, mapping and analysis of research, reports and impact evaluations in education in emergencies.
- Assisting in preparation of cost-effectiveness analyses to calculate value-for-money of ECW investments. Similarly, assisting in the preparation of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Collecting, analyzing, verifying and synthesizing information to support program development, design and preparation.
- Supporting preparation of reports, talking points and communication material, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
- Furthermore, performing data checks in reports and databases.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Active enrollment status in an undergraduate, Masters or PhD degree programme or have graduated within the past two years.
- Have an academic background in any of the following; Education, including early childhood development; Quantitative analysis: data analysis, impact evaluation, applied statistics; Qualitative data analysis in the social sciences; or Human rights / humanitarian affairs, or related fields.
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application and as well as proficient in English.
- Similarly, must have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by university records.
- Candidates must not have immediate relatives working with UNICEF or in the ECW Secretariat.
This UNICEF internships at the United States is a paid internship as interns will receive a stipend of about 1,500 dollars per month. But interns are personally responsible for arranging any visa or immigration requirements, covering the entire period of their internship. If necessary, ECW will support the process by providing relevant documents such as proof of internship.
Click here to apply.
Visit this link for more information about the position.