Applications are open for the Paid Summer Internship in Poland. The internship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 23rd May 2021.
Reuters is seeking ambitious, energetic graduates and/or final year students with excellent language skills to join its real-time news operation in Gdansk, Poland, for a three-month internship.
Successful candidates will be immersed in a fast paced, international environment, working directly with editorial teams that publish alerts on major corporate news developments; write short stories about major companies in Europe’s biggest economies; produce online packages used by global media customers; and translate international news.
Applicants must speak fluent English and have strong conversational skills in at least one additional European language. They will bring a strong work ethic, a readiness to learn quickly and an obsession with winning.
What you can learn during Paid Summer Internship in Poland?
- How Reuters is the fastest news agency in the world, delivering market-moving news to traders, investors and consumers globally within seconds
- How to work in a time-pressure environment that requires strong judgment, exceptional attention to detail and fast reflexes to identify key information from a financial statement
- How news events impact financial markets, using the leading professional financial terminal, Refinitiv’s Eikon, to monitor prices and analyze developments
- How to plan coverage of major corporate earnings releases and economic data indicators such as GDP and inflation
- How to create multimedia packages for Reuters News online clients
- How to translate market reports, general, political, economic and company news stories from English at speed (into Russian, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese)
Benefits of Paid Summer Internship in Poland
- Paid, three-month internship at a global news agency in our Text team
- Dynamic, international, diverse working environment
- Opportunity to join the biggest Reuters newsroom in Europe
- Chance to collaborate with other journalists across Europe
- On the job learning and training, with access to Thomson Reuters University resources
- Mentoring through the internship period
- Fluent English and very good knowledge of one other European language
- A strong interest in journalism and/or financial markets
- Excellent writing and communication skills; translation skills a strong plus
- Attention to detail, comfort with handling data and facts accurately and quickly
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- A burning desire to be first with the news
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!