Programme Management Intern Officer in New York ,USA (United Nations)
Programme Management Intern Officer position is located in the Local Networks team, Global Compact Office in New York. The Programme Officer reports to the Senior Programme Officer, Local Networks. The incumbent of this post will lead the development and delivery of company activation and capacity-building programmes within the UN Global Compact, including the Academy, Accelerators and Peer-learning groups.
Within delegated authority, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies that enables the UN Global Compact to continue to strengthen its capacity and expertise on tools and methodologies for company activation and capacity building.
- Generates survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc. focusing on the trends, challenges and opportunities within the business and sustainable development ecosystem.
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.. for businesses on a range of sustainability and sustainable development topics based on the Ten Principles and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Leads strategy development and planning for UN Global Compact Academy/and other capacity-building programmes and initiatives.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Performs other duties, as required.
check; Medical Officer UN
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, education or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, business administration or a related area is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience working on the integration of sustainability, the Ten Principles, the Sustainable Development Goals or Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) into governance, management and business practices is required.
- Experience with digital strategies and platforms is required.
- Experience with programmes, tools and best practices for business learning is desirable.
- Experience managing strategic alliances is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!