Applications call for Public Information Internship at United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries in New York. The internship is unpaid and full-time where interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- Assistance with drafting and designing communications products, writing, editing, researching, translating.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the website and social media accounts. Similarly, assisting with conference communications.
- Also, researching media partnerships and campaigns.
- Photography, Archiving, and monitoring of media coverage.
- Students must be law students who have enrollment in a graduate program or the final academic year of a first university degree program; and law graduates who can commence an internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Educational background in communications, graphic design, journalism, development studies, or international relations is an advantage.
- Applicants must be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary for this internship. Furthermore, knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset.
Candidates must apply online for this Public Information internship in the United Nations. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.