Receptionist in World bank
Receptionist in World bank successful applicant for Receptionist/Office Assistant position will receive a (2)two-year fixed term position in the Santo Domingo Office (LCCDO), subject to local recruitment and the local salary scale. The Receptionist/Office Assistant will report primarily to the IBRD Resident Representative and the IFC Resident Representative and will receive day-to-day guidance on priorities and fulfillment of responsibilities from the IBRD Executive Assistant and the IFC Program Assistant in the DR Country Office.
Roles & Responsibility for Receptionist in World bank :
This entry-level Receptionist/Office Assistant role ensures the office’s daily operations run smoothly, including reception, courier services, correspondence distribution, videoconference scheduling, and ad-hoc support.
Responsibilities will involve collaboration with team members in the DR Office and in other World Bank Group Units, as well as frequent interaction with external counterparts such as consultants, Government officials, international donors, service providers, vendors and members of the private sector and civil society.
- Handle the reception desk – manage incoming calls, transfer callers to the appropriate person, receive and handle correspondence, handle the weekly pouch, welcome visitors, etc.
- Handle scheduling of multiple videoconferences and meeting rooms;
- Receive/forward invoices to appropriate departments; coordinate office supply and services orders with vendors;
- Assist with travel and transportation arrangements; and
- Handle filing and other administrative duties as required.
- Fluent in English and Spanish;
- High School degree required, College degree preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with clients and staff at all levels;
- Proficiency in using advanced functions of computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Lotus Notes, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Ability to draft and translate simple correspondence as required;
- Prior experience in a similar office assistant role; experience in a client service function in a multi-lingual environment would be a plus;
- Demonstrated team player with a strong commitment to collaborative work, respecting diverse viewpoints, acting with integrity, and building trust among team members and external partners.
- Follows guidance from EAs promptly and proactively; and
- Works with exemplary dedication to our clients.
The deadline for Receptionist Assistant application position at world Bank is 16 October 2023 at 11:59pm UTC