Senior IT Assistant, Client Services Internship at Yaoundé, Cameroon (The World Bank)
Senior IT Assistant, Client Services internship position is based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, and reports to the Regional IT Lead for Central Africa.
Roles & Responsibilities Senior IT Assistant, Client Services
- Works directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the root cause of a problem and the customer’s comfort level with technology.
- Assesses more complex, non-routine problems in his/ her area of specialization including those escalated by others.
- Serves as second point of contact called upon to resolve customer problems. Identifies and engages the resources necessary to fully evaluate and address the situation, following up to ensure effective resolution.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most business technology problems, including those involving multiple systems, clients, platforms, and technologies.
- Analyzes information related to a client support service, identifying, and reporting on trends, anomalies, etc. Identify opportunities for improvements and escalate to management.
- Supports and maintains the end-user environment. This includes configuring new hardware, reviewing, and addressing virus alerts, installing, and troubleshooting software including patches, performing tests, and monitoring the environment (especially during peak periods) to anticipate support needs.
- Participates in facilities work and vendor management, as part of CO administrative teams. Participate in security and business continuity activities. Supports installation, maintenance, upgrades to local networks and communications infrastructure.
- Disseminates information on common problems and issues to clients.
- Tracks trending of issues and proactively escalates to Supervisor/ Service Providers
- Applies Technical Knowledge under limited guidance/ direction.
- Takes decisions for most routine cases with update to Supervisor.
- Recommend topics and provide necessary IT training sessions to clients; offer agile solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs; help to increase awareness of clients about available ITS tools and products.
- Evaluate and pilot test new products and services, both hardware and software.
- Attend training sessions and maintain a working knowledge of the IT trends in the business relevant to supporting the WBG clients; monitor technology trends and developments.
- Administer WBG information security standards; adhere to Institutional and ITS policies, directives, and procedures; consistently enforce WBG technology standards; ensure that the integrity and security of WBG Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and client orientation.
You could appreciate: Associate Programme Management Officer in Kenya (UN)
- Bachelor’s degree with no experience required or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies: Windows Platform, Microsoft Office, MFD, Servers, Smartphones etc.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to work under pressure with accuracy and professionalism.
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS service and other networking methods and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management and experience of ITIL best practices for Helpdesk Service.
- Proficiency in the recent Microsoft Windows applications.
- In-depth knowledge of M365 applications.
- Knowledge of Network communication technologies and other WAN/LAN products.
- Familiarity with IP Telephony and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge and experience of setting up and supporting Videoconference Facilities.
- Comfortable using remote access technologies and remote troubleshooting.
- Excellent communications skills: the ability to listen and then clearly describe the problem and proposed solution.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- General knowledge of the mission and business requirements of the World Bank Group.
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
for more information visits, World Bank