Senior Program Manager Internship, Travel and Visa Services(The World bank)
Senior program manager Intern position is based at the Bank’s headquarters in Washington, DC . The appointment for this position, will be for a Three-years Term contract, with possible extension based on business needs.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Senior Program Manager works independently under the Manager, GCSTC. Duties and accountabilities include:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the World Bank’s global travel program, including management of the GCSTV Unit and travel suppliers supporting the program.
- Determine GCSTV work program priorities, overseeing multiple, concurrent projects from inception to completion.
- Contribute to strategy, analysis, and policy formulation.
- Implement and interpret World Bank travel policy for travelers and travel approvers; provide direction on World Bank travel policy to contracted vendors.
- Promote the advancement of the travel program with emerging technologies, while tailoring to the World Bank’s culture, systems, and processes.
- Support emergency evacuation of World Bank staff worldwide during civil unrest, natural disasters, etc.
- Develop and negotiate pricing and relevant business terms in contracts for the delivery of travel services, ensuring cost efficiencies.
- Negotiate and manage global preferred airline agreements.
- Oversee global preferred hotel program, including annual hotel rate solicitation and city ceiling process.
- Manage GCSTV budget and payment to suppliers.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and benchmark the program against comparator organizations.
You might also be Interested in: Senior IT Assistant, Client Services Internship (The World Bank)
Selection Criteria for Senior Program Manager Intern:
- Master’s degree with 8 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of travel service delivery in international markets (i.e., travel agencies, airlines, hotels, corporate credit cards, etc.).
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong understanding of travel management company pricing methodologies.
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to lead a team of travel professionals in the execution of projects.
- Strong contract management experience, with focus on service performance and cost.
- Proven experience managing and negotiating the procurement of travel services (i.e., technology, airline, hotel).
- Ability to manage a team and coach/mentor team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Strong customer orientation and ability to deal with sensitive issues and challenging clients, while demonstrating a high level of diplomacy.
- Strong presentation skills, with ability to tailor style and approach to fit corresponding audience.
- Excellent teamwork skills including an open and collegial work style.
- Ability to support a variety of tasks concurrently while under time constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and orally, with contractors and clients at all levels.
- Must be willing to be based in Washington, DC and be in the office.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visits, The world bank