UN Security Operations Center Intern Operator at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Duties and Responsibilities for Security Operations Center Intern Operator
- Provides statistical data on security incidents in-country to contribute to a range of UNDSS products;
- Coordinates timely dissemination of security threat information;
- Provides appropriate translation of information from national languages to English;
- Takes chronological notes of any significant incident, assists the FSA/SA in the preparation of detailed reports on security incidents, adding maps where necessary, and assists FSA/SA in the preparation of monthly reports and routine correspondence;
- Conducts regular and random radio checks (via VHF, HF) according to radio check plan, maintains a record of radio checks with UNSMS members/UNSOCs in neighbor countries. Radio check logbook is duly filled up by the incumbent and disseminated as per procedure;
- Operates all communications equipment including VHF and HF radios, satellite telephones, facsimile;
- Maintains database of UN personnel and dependents, personnel with security role, UN vehicles, radio call signs, UN Warden lists etc.;
- Maintains the contact details of the response team emergency services and support structures of host government, local authorities and contracted private security companies; direct personnel to the nearest one during times of security or safety incidents;
- Assists FSA/SA in provision of assistance to staff members on 24/7 basis in any emergency;
- Assists FSA/SA in warden system activation including dissemination of information, collecting, analyzing, reporting information;
- Under the guidance of the FSA/SA, provide full assistance to Crisis Coordination Center (CCC) and Crisis Management Team (CMT);
- Issues ID cards for UN personnel and eligible dependents taking their photos and filling all the necessary records.
- Provides administrative/technical support to FSA in issues related to UN SOC;
- Performs all other related duties as requested by the Designated Official, UNDSS SA and UNDSS FSA.
Check, Associate Investment Intern Officer at Cameroon (World Bank)
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education.
• At least 4 years of administrative or clerical or interpreting experience. preferably in international organizations;
• Prior working experience within the UN system, an international NGO, or another international organization is desirable.
Required skills and competencies:
• Computer skills and information management/processing experience;
• Good understanding of computer-based tools such as MS Office and other computer-based, web and smartphone applications;
• Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions;
Desired additional skills and competencies:
• Experience with radio, satellite and web-based communications is an asset.
Language Requirements: Excellent command (written and spoken) of the English, Kyrgyz and Russian languages is essential.