UN Women Internships Program (Paid Internships)
The United Nations Entity for the Empowerment of Women, UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between all genders as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action, and peace and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to the Statistics and Knowledge Management unit.
- Assist in the technical review of knowledge products and undertake research on thematic areas of EVAW.
- Map relevant news, briefing notes and legal reforms regarding topics related to EVAW.
- Collect and systematize information and data.
- Provide technical inputs to documents (briefing and concept notes, presentations, talking points, fact sheets, guides, reports, etc.) related to violence against women, femicide, sexual violence, sexual harassment, gender equality, among others related to UN Women’s mandate with the guidance and support of the Statistics and Knowledge Management Manager, and the EVAWG National Officer.
- Provide technical and logistic accompaniment to the Statistics and Knowledge Management events.
- Attend meetings and carry out activities related to the Statistics and Knowledge Management area and to EVAWG Programme area.
- Assist the Statistics and Knowledge Management area with technical inputs for the development of guidelines and other tools to ensure the technical quality of knowledge products and for knowledge transmission and dissemination on the thematic areas of EVAW.
- Assist the Statistics and Knowledge Management area with the systematization and consolidation of the knowledge stock developed within the framework of the different programs, projects and consultancies historically developed by the UN Women Mexico Office, especially those on thematic areas of EVAW.
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: sociology, law, psychology, social science, gender studies, or other similar subjects at the university level.
- Knowledge and academic work regarding gender-based violence, intimate partner violence and sexual assault case-handling procedures in Mexico is an advantage.
- Meet one of the following:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Be enrolled in a mandatory national service programme of which the internship may form a part;
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within two-years of graduation.