UNDP Driver/Clerk Internship – UNOCHA at Yemen
UNDP Driver/Clerk internship position is expected to provide direct support to the OCHA Yemen fleet management, transportation services, and administration department. Driver/Clerk will provide a reliable and secure driving service for UNOCHA personnel while making sure of proper use of the vehicle and day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle.
The Drive/Clerk will also make sure of the proper use of all official fleet documents/ supplies and provides administrative support to the office as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities for UNDP Driver/Clerk Internship
1. Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by driving the office vehicles to transport authorized personnel and staff, delivery, and collection of mail, documents, and other items as required.
- Remain flexible for traveling outside the city and working additional working hours if required.
- Full compliance with the implementation of all security measures for the passengers and the Vehicle during all trips regardless of the location or the destination of travel.
- Follow all traffic rules, regulations, and laws at all times.
- Report immediately to the direct supervisor of any accidents, or mechanical failure occurring.
- Use radio communication and carry out tasks as directed by the supervisors and remain vigilant and professional all the time.
2. Proper use of vehicle and Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicles through:
- Accurate maintenance of daily vehicles, and provision of inputs to preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Maintain accurate vehicle logbook records with all information.
- Knowledge of Economic Driving (Eco – Driving)
3. Availability of documents/ supplies.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
4. Administration and operation support
- Provision of administrative and logistical support.
- Provision of support for office maintenance and asset management, physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and asset’s location.
- Ensures office files (HR, Finance, payments, various manuals, training, UN circular etc.) are maintained accurately.
- Ensures availability of adequate office supplies in the office and maintains a system for allocation and tracking.
- Prepares and/ or processing administrative requests/ documents (travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, etc).
- Support in the office petty cash transactions and prepare documents for petty cash replenishment.
- Assists in the computation and preparation of overtime and related records.
- Assists in donor visit preparations including accommodation and venue booking, sending invitations, and meeting arrangements.
5. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level.
You may want to explore: Governance Intern Specialist- Climate Finance Economist
Required Skills and Experience
- A high school certificate with a valid Driving license is required
- A minimum of 3 years (with a high school diploma) of relevant work experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience in driving various types of vehicles including Armored vehicles is required.
- Good experience in preparing and handling official fleet and admin documents like Car logs/ insurance documents/overtime and Staff Travel Documents is desirable.
- Knowledge of driving regulations, rules, and laws skills in minor vehicle repair and maintenance is desirable.
- Experience in the basic use of computers and relevant office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and ability to use web-based management and electronic log, file, and/or scheduling systems is desirable.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required
Important note: Candidates found suitable and not selected for the announced duty station, may be selected for other similar positions at the same level grade and with similar job description, experience, and educational requirements in any of the following duty stations: Sana’a, Aden, Hodeida, Ibb, Saada, Marib, Mukalla, Hajjah, Al Jowf, Al Baida,Taiz, Al Turbah and Mukha.