Executive Intern Assistant in UNDP at Juba, South Sudan
The Executive Intern Assistant to the RR(Ops & Prog) works in close collaboration with UNDP staff, UN Agencies, and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Duties and Responsibilities for UNDP Executive Intern Assistant
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RR(Ops & Prog) office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures.
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of informal translations.
- Management of RR(Ops & Prog) missions and representation schedule.
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists.
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RR for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RR office.
Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files.
- Facilitation of information sharing between UNCT and the UN Coordination Unit.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RR(Ops & Prog).
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence.
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of specialized trainings for secretaries.
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration, and protocol issues.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Knowledge building and sharing and sound contributions to UNDP knowledge networks and communities of practice.
check, World bank Environmental Intern Specialist in Beijing, China
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with at least 5 years of experience in travel services, organization of events, administrative services, or finance
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, Hospitality, Tourism Management, or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with Secondary education (or 2 years with bachelor’s degree) in travel services, organization of events, administrative services, or finance.
- Administration and travel systems and applications experience.
- Experience in organizing high level international events is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in other UN languages is an asset.
- Experience with UNDP policies, procedures, and practices particularly in relation to project management
- Working experience in an international organization is an advantage.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!