UNDP ICT Intern Assistant at Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
The ICT Intern Assistant is furthermore responsible for review of and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the productivity and mission of the Country Office and promotes a client-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities for ICT Intern Assistant
The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the CO productivity and the CO programme portfolio. This should all be done while promoting a client-oriented approach.
Ensures the efficient application of ICT technologies to enhance development programme/projects:
- Development of innovative programmatic service lines in the area of ICT for sustainable development to support Government and other national entities
- Participation in project formulation to ensure the integration of ICT into projects to allow for increased efficiencies
- Utilization of ICT to increase the efficiency and quality of outputs and implementation under development projects
- Support the development of tools which can be used across the UN System to aide in harmonization of operations and programmatic activities.
Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Analysis of the requirement and elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
- Participation in the office business process re-engineering activities and ensure that business needs drive IT solutions related to corporate resource management.
- ICT innovation and promotion of modern, cost-effective IT business solutions.
- Conduct of market research and analysis, and introduction of new technology for country office system updating and improvement.
Manages local ICT infrastructure focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies, making routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components.
- Implementation of corporate UNDP systems.
- Development of new software packages for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc) as required.
Develops and administers information management systems focusing on the following:
- Implementation through the corporate sharepoint platform facility of the Country Office information and documentation management system in accordance with UNDP policy.
- Identification of opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency for the CO.
Provides administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO and projects.
- Provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and information sharing.
- Organization of training for the operations/projects staff on ICT issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices directly linked to ICT management.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Promotion of corporate Content Collaboration Architecture (CCA).
- Active participation in regional and global knowledge management platforms
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education with with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification). Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field would be an asset.
- 5 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications or a 2 years of relevant working experience with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 2 years of user support on enterprise system(s) is highly desirable.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!