UNDP Internship in Copenhagen, Denmark has opened the application for the Administrative Clerk. Under the overall supervision of the Common Services Manager and the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Specialist and direct supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Mail Clerk provides reliable mail services. Receives incoming mail and pouches; handles security scanning and registers and distributes received mails and parcels. The Mail Clerk demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving incoming mail and pouches
- Handling security scanning
- Handles registration and distribution of received mail and parcels
- Handles outgoing mail and courier and pouch
- Administrates delivery and pick-up of the regular mail, pouch and courier to CAMPUS2
- Assistance in effective cost recovery for pouch and mail services
- Attend reception when required
- Any other related duties as assign
Ensures provision of effective mail management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer
- Assists in development and implementation of mail administration standard operating procedures, ensuring that interests of all agencies are respected and met
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow- up distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags and content are all accounted for
- Ensures regular delivery and pick-up of mail and parcels to/from CAMPUS2
- Assists on decision of the determination on mode of postal category utilized to obtain most cost-effective means of transit.
Ensures cost recovery for pouch and mail services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of information for proper billing of user agencies
- Administrates CS franking machine ensuring that the timely and accurate reports are submitted to the Finance Unit.
- Liaising with service providers like DHL, UPS, etc.
Ensures backstopping support to UN City reception as and when required:
- Entails handling visitors, assist staff and receive calls.
Any other duties assigned.
- Secondary Education or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area
- 3 years of relevant experience for holders of secondary education or
- No experience necessary for holders of bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of the Danish language is an asset
- Basic knowledge of the usage of computers, MS office software packages is desired