Internship at UNDP in Turkey
UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH) is UNDP’s main knowledge and advisory hub for the countries serviced by UNDP’s Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS (RBEC). The Regional Centre is in charge for regional programme implementation. Through its regional programme, the IRH provides advisory support and knowledge management and innovation services to UNDP Country Offices in 22 countries and territories in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, including those in Central Asia.
UNDP IRH is looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated intern to join the Sustainable Development Team for support in the area of Roma inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities of the intern
Under the overall supervision of the Sustainable Development Team Leader, and with a day-to-day guidance from the Employment and Social Inclusion consultant, the intern will have the following tasks:
- Research relevant projects, knowledge products and resource materials, and drafting/consolidating documents/briefs for the team in relation to Roma inclusion;
- Assist the team in developing communication materials for the Regional Roma Survey project, including support to preparation of policy notes and infographics;
- Write articles, blogs for newsletters, UNDP website, and web-based platforms on topics of Roma inclusion;
- Assist the team in the preparations (both substantive and logistics) for the thematic events;
- Assist the team in organising a virtual library for Regional Roma Survey project;
- Any other related tasks that are deemed necessary and appropriate to support the project work.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) in a relevant discipline (Social Policy, Political Science, Law, other Social Sciences or other relevant field) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Deadline: 26th January 2018