UNDP (Paid Internship) Team Leader Inclusive Growth and Human Development in Tunisia
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Tunisia CO management team, ensures the strategic direction of UNDP Inclusive Growth programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis of the social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of CCA, UNDAF/UNSDCF, CPD, CPAP, AWP and other documents.
- Identification of strategic programme areas of cooperation.
- Operationalization of UNDAF-UNSDCF/CPD in collaboration with the main partners and other UN Agencies. Identification of possibilities for joint programming.
- Analysis and presentation of UNDP policies and their implementation in the CO.
2. Ensures effective management of the Inclusive Growth programme and supervision of the relevant unit team focusing on quality control of the full cycle of programming from formulation to implementation achieving the following results:
- Further design and formulation of UNDP Inclusive Growth Programme in Tunisia, translating UNDP priorities into local interventions.
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results.
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donor reports
3. Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships and supports the resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies to achieve programme outcomes.
- Determination of programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost-sharing.
4. Ensures provision of top-quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management on Inclusive Growth, Poverty reduction, Economic Governance, Private Sector development, Sustainable Finance agenda, Economic development (including at the local level), Employment and Entrepreneurship focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linked to international networks. Relevant, high-impact advocacy campaigns are implemented with key partners.
- Organization of trainings for the Government, partners and projects/portfolios staff on related practice areas.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/projects/portfolios staff on programme.
Check: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
Selection Criteria for UNDP Team Leader Inclusive Growth and Human Development
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Economics or related field such as Development Studies or Public Policy or equivalent OR
- First level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Economics or related field such as Development Studies , Public Policy or equivalent with an additional two 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of master’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years (with Master’s degree) or a minimum of 7 years (with a bachelor’s degree) of relevant development experience at the national and/or international level.
- Direct experience providing technical advice to government officials and/or the private sector is required.
- Experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating development projects is required.
- Experience in leading and managing teams is required.
- Experience in the creation and coordination of partnerships around development initiatives with UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral development partners, private sector, civil society, academia is desired.
- Experience in managing the implementation of programmatic initiatives to promote private sector development and/or entrepreneurship and/or inclusive growth and/or poverty reduction is desired.
- Experience in programme/project management with UN/UNDP or international development organizations is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing the preparation of socioeconomic research and policy-level analysis relating to issues such as inclusive growth and/or poverty reduction, and/or economic governance and/or private sector development and/or sustainable finance is an added advantage.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Arabic and French. Fluency or advanced knowledge of English would be an asset.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!