Programme Assistant Internship at UNDP in Cairo, Egypt
The Programme Unit works to support achievement of UNDP strategic objectives to create a world where people and planet thrive together, and to help the Country Office act with both ambition and scale to address urgent problems facing the country as well as global climate deteriorating conditions. UNDP Programme assistant helps to assist the Country Office in formulating and implementing programme strategies that go beyond solving immediate development challenges to create future smart and integrated systemic changes in resilience and capacity building within the country. UNDP Programme Assistant Internship position is based in Cairo, Egypt
Duties and Responsibilities UNDP Programme Assistant Internship
1.) Support formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Documents (CPDs).
- Collect, analyze and present information for preparation of CPDs and establishment of Baselines, Milestones and Targets (BMT).
- Collect information/evidence to guide future programming and identify implementation arrangements.
2.) Provide effective support to management of the Country Office programme.
- Create project in ERP, prepare required budget revisions, revise project status, determine unutilized funds, and ensure operational and financial closure of a project.
- Provide support to implementing partners on implementation of projects, and track use of financial resources. Assist in managing digital technology solutions in programme implementation towards scalability and sustainability in line with UNDP’s digital standards.
- Assist in ensuring that data generated in the programme implementation is managed effectively across the data lifecycle. Support the follow up on programme and project performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports, and implementation of corporate results-based management mechanisms and tools.
- Communicate programme related bottlenecks and possible solutions.
- Support preparation for external and internal programme/project audits and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme unit by maintaining internal expenditure system and performing quality assurance review of technical reports and payments that includes following up with other units and taking timely corrective actions.
3.) Contribute to implementation of the Country Office resource mobilization strategies.
- Review contributions agreements and manage contributions in ERP.
4.) Provide input to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office
In assigned areas:
- Support organization and delivery of training for relevant programme and operations personnel.
- Provide input to lessons learned and best practices.
- Contribute to knowledge networks, communities of practice, and digital knowledge platforms.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization.
You should take a look at, (UN) Security Coordination Officer in USA
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required
- A university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years (with high school diploma) or 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant progressively responsible administrative/management experience is required at the national and/or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), database packages, and web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Ability to review and edit documents and produce meeting reports identifying key actions.
Language: Candidates should be fluent in both English and Arabic to be considered for the position, as proficiency in both languages is a requirement for the job.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!