UNDP Project Intern Manager in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
(UNDP) Project Intern Manager position of a Project Manager is established for the Aid for Trade project’s Tajikistan component who will lead the team to implement this project in Tajikistan effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities for (UNDP) Project Intern Manager
The specific responsibilities will include:
- Undertake the day-to-day management of the project in the country in line with approved work plans and budgets and effectively manage, monitor and report results in line with UNDP’s procedures, financial rules and regulations, and Internal Control Framework.
- Establish performance management system, based on UNDP’s results and competency assessment system, to monitor project personnel performance.
- Ensure timely and efficient planning, implementation and follow up of procurement activities within the assigned project.
- Develop the annual and quarterly work plans for the projects.
- Develop terms of reference for consultants and advisors who will be working towards programme delivery and supervise their work.
Partnership, Coordination and Cooperation:
- Initiate and contribute to effective dialogue with partners and donors, and contribute to policy advocacy, analyses and changes;
- Ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant projects and programmes for mutually reinforcing impact.
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with Projects’ counterparts and develop and maintain effective mechanisms for integrating their feedback and suggestions;
- Compile and draft high-quality reports to donors according to UNDP’s contractual obligations to donor(s).
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Manage the implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation, information and reporting systems such that relevant data is collected timely and the reports are results-based;
- Monitor national context, emergence of players/stakeholders and actualization of risks that have implications for the project;
- Compile a summary of lessons learnt and experiences for further development of recommendations to ensure better quality of project’s outputs.
- Undertake missions to all project locations on a quarterly basis.
Knowledge Management and Communication:
- Lead the process of knowledge capture of national and international know-how in the subject area and production of knowledge-based products.
- Support synergies with relevant regional projects implemented by UNDP or other international organizations;
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- The Project Manager will report to the Deputy Resident Representative of UNDP in Tajikistan (the primary supervisor) and the Aid for Trade in Central Asia Regional Project Manager (as a secondary supervisor, with matrix arrangements)
Check: UNDP Human Resources (HR) Intern Associate at USA
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in economic development, economics, or social sciences is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of Master`s degree.
- Minimum 5 years (with Master´s degree) or 7 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of relevant work experience in managing projects related to economic development, trade, value chain, job creation, private sector development, entrepreneurship.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Tajik and Russian is highly desirable.
- Technical expertise in implementing programmes in the areas of trade, economic development, employment, entrepreneurship development, private sector development; value chain; trade policies; youth and women’s economic empowerment is an asset.
- Experience in substantive and policy issues and development challenges related to trade and enterprise development in Europe and Central Asia countries is an asset.
- Experience in, and ability to coordinate with Government agencies and development partners.
- Knowledge of procedures and processes of donor funded projects is an advantage.
- Experience in working on policy issues and unique development challenges of Tajikistan will be considered as asset.
- Experience in, and ability to coordinate with other UN agencies and interact at the professional level with donors including Finland, and regional and national partners.
- Experience with UNDP project management systems or other international project management certification is an asset.