Water Resources Management Specialist Internship in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic (The World bank)
The Water Global Practice aids governments in securing water for all through integrated partnerships. It focuses on water resource management, service delivery, and economic context to address water challenges effectively. Term duration for Water Resources Management Specialist position is for Three Years.
Duties and Responsibilities For Water Resources Management Specialist:
The selected candidate will report to the Practice Manager and will work out of the World Bank Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic office, closely with staff from the unit and beyond. Specific duties will include:
- Provide overall operational support to Kyrgyz Republic water portfolio (and other GP related projects e.g., Environment, Urban) and potentially other Central Asian countries (as needed).
- Support and co-lead the Bank’s water policy dialogue with the authorities and others on strategic water issues and implementation of ongoing water sector reforms.
- Support and co-lead assigned operational project responsibilities, including supervision of operations (missions to the field, preparation of operation documents) and preparation of newly identified lending opportunities.
- Support and contribute to various analytical and advisory work and knowledge generation activities on water.
- Support overall coordination of water project activities with internal Bank stakeholders (e.g., country management units, sustainable development practice group leadership) and external partners and donors.
- Support the communication between the team and relevant government stakeholders (both national and regional levels).
- Encourage and support the effective collaboration of all team members with the project authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Play an active role in the Bank’s policy dialogue with the authorities, development partners, and others on strategic water issues
- Actively contribute to the dissemination of our unit’s water activities, within the WBG and in external events
- Provide inputs to operational products/outputs for sector and country briefings, analytical and advisory reports and studies, and portfolio performance and monitoring reviews.
- Organize and participate in meetings with key stakeholders.
- Other tasks related to the implementation of the Central Asia water program as agreed with the project teams and beyond, as agreed with the Practice Manager
you might also like: Interpreter, French in Nairobi (United Nations)
Minimum Education Requirements
Master’s degree in water or environmental engineering, economics, water resources management, or other fields relevant for water sector development
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of water resources planning, management, and development, with depth in at least one subtopic and relevant experience applying this knowledge to operations, analytical work, and other deliverables.
- Demonstrated effective communication and excellent organization and coordination skills as well as timely and good report writing abilities.
- Demonstrated track record of operational support of government institutions in responding to broad water security and/or environment and urban agendas.
- Understanding of the Kyrgyz Republic water sector institutional structure and involvement in stakeholder engagement and public consultations processes
- Demonstrated teamwork and understanding of World Bank
- Demonstrated track record of forging positive relationships with organizations and individuals which can better inform the water strategies and result in higher quality implementation and impact of Bank supported programs.
- Understanding of different business models for management of the water sector, including private and public sector engagement and partnerships in the sector
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and adjust to changing work program requirements (as needed)
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian languages in both spoken and written form, is a must.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
for more information visits. world bank