UNDP Youth Empowerment Portfolio Management and Research Intern Coordinator at Bangkok, Thailand.
Currently, regional Youth Empowerment Portfolio Intern research component seeks to generate knowledge regarding means to strengthen the ecosystem for youth social entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership in Asia-Pacific, and to disseminate knowledge in order to influence ecosystem change. With the overall focus of Inclusive Entrepreneurship for Youth Co:Lab initiative, UNDP and partners would like to convene a flagship research on Inclusive Entrepreneurship for 2023-2024 programming period.
Duties and Responsibilities for Youth Empowerment portfolio Intern Coordinator
The YEP-AP Management and Research Coordinator will report to the Regional Youth and Civil Society Specialist with the close supervision of the Regional Youth Project Manager and work in close collaboration with the UNDP country offices and other key parties.
Develop the CO Coordination architecture for YEP-AP Implementation
- Coordinate and keep information flow up-to-date between CO youth team and BRH youth team
- Support CO requests for YEP-AP and youth-related programs
- Ensure clarity on M&E, Communications, operations processes and adherence by CO youth teams
- Support work plans of COs, and consolidate workplans at the regional level, including a mechanism for tracking based on UNDP corporate and donor requirements
Coordinate activities of the RBAP Community of Practice for Youth Portfolio Development
- Coordinate between Youth team and innovation team and other relevant stakeholders
- Organize the COP Workshop / in-person meeting
- Support CO Portfolio Development where required
Lead coordination of the Youth Co: Lab flagship research: YCL study on Inclusive Youth Entrepreneurship.
- Refine the scope, design, and methodology of individual research and thought leadership products in order to deliver on the Regional Youth Project’s research and thought leadership objectives.
- Support the coordination of the development of research products, including reviewing intermediary outputs and providing regular feedback to research partners.
- Support engagement and management of partners for research, including supporting the development of Terms of Reference where required.
- Manage Regional Youth Project’s partnerships with third-party research and thought leadership collaborators.
- Support UNDP country offices under the Youth Co: Lab programme in the development, delivery and review of knowledge products at the national level.
- Support the UNDP review and approval process for knowledge products.
- Support the development of communications materials and other outputs synthesizing and disseminating the findings of research.
Support operationalization of YEP-AP Portfolio
- Support the Youth Portfolio Operations team on annual work plans, procurement planning, budgeting, and tracking
- Support the Portfolio manager on portfolio governance and YEP-AP board-related activities
- Support Partnerships Team for Partnerships and Resource Mobilization for YEP-AP
- Support the Portfolio manager in assessing the current project Risk register, Quality Assurance checklist, and Social and Environmental screening checklist
- Support the Portfolio Manager in updating of above checklists in accordance with the project document requirements
- Support the Portfolio Manager in ensuring the application of project safeguards and regular assessment
- Support on due diligence of private sector donors
Support Portfolio Financial Management
- Support the Portfolio manager in establishing the project financial framework of the portfolio in terms of budgeting and reporting in alignment with the UNDP and donor requirements
- Support portfolio operations team on quarterly updates of the project budget based on performance (more regularly at the year-end)
- Support the development of multi-year and annual workplans of the project
You should take a look at Solutions Adviser in Mozambique (UNDP)
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master´s degree or equivalent) in sustainable development, business/public administration, social/political sciences, international relations, language, literature and communications or other related expertise is required, OR
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in sustainable development, business/public administration, social/political sciences, international relations, language, literature and communications or other related expertise in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master´s degree.
- Up to 2 years (with Master´s degree) or minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate project initiatives, data collection and reporting processes, preferably at the regional level
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of youth socio-economic empowerment and Leaving No One Behind principles, including in the Asia-Pacific context
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams across different countries and offices
- Working knowledge of financial reporting, annual reporting and donor reporting
- Prior experience in development agencies is an asset
- Experience in Asia-Pacific region
- Fluency in English is required.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!