This part-time internship will primarily support the responsibilities of Songtrust’s YouTube Specialist. The YouTube Rights Management Intern will learn about YouTube; how it generates income for people and businesses, how people engage with the world’s largest social video platform, as well as how music copyright fits into all of this. The YouTube Rights Management Intern will learn to navigate YouTube’s backend (CMS dashboard) and determine how to review and monetize videos that contain our clients’ music. Attention to detail and strong research skills are key for this internship, as the Intern will be tasked with gathering music metadata. The YouTube Rights Management Intern will also be responsible for maintaining the Songtrust YouTube Channel by researching topical songs as well as curating the channel’s playlists. This internship will provide the Intern with an opportunity to manage and evaluate YouTube’s backend and test new strategies.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM THE INTERNSHIP?
- An opportunity to work with some of the most talented professionals in the music industry in a casual and welcoming environment
- Further, weekly Q&A sessions with the head of each department
- A collaborative group project connecting the operations of multiple departments and companies within Songtrust
- Also, Frequent interactive presentations, office-wide breakfasts/lunches, birthday celebrations, and other special events
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AS YOUTUBE RIGHTS MANAGEMENT INTERN?
- Conduct day-to-day CMS tasks including reviewing and claiming videos
- Likewise, Stay up-to-date with song releases and compile song lists for ingestion
- Further, Manage and prioritize ownership conflicts and coordinating 3rd-party outreach
- Organize and polish Songtrust’s YouTube channel content by optimizing video playlists
- Research and monetize new and existing videos containing clients’ songs via manual claiming
- Also, Create and maintain spreadsheets of music metadata
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE INTERNSHIP?
- Familiarity with Gmail, YouTube, and Google Search
- Similarly, Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, and Google Sheets
- Further, Strong interest in new media and music
- Moreover, Basic understanding of music publishing & music copyright
- Keen attention to detail
- Also, a passion for helping songwriters make money
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for the internship position of YouTube Rights Management, applicants will require to fill up an online application form. The internship position is available for the Fall of 2019.