The Future We Want Model United Nations will host a 5-day exclusive Professional Certificate in New York City, August 5-9, 2019. The program is aimed to Generate and Consolidate Expertise on World Politics, International Relations, and the United Nations System.
The program starts with 3 days of intensive training, led by UN Officials, Ambassadors to the UN and experts in their field. It will then end with a 2-day MUN simulation. Participants are provided with a deep understanding of the United Nations, the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda, Negotiation Skills, Public Speaking and Leadership, all while engaging in several learning activities in a very interactive way.
The Professional Certificate aims to guide the participants in Developing their Critical Thinking Skills which will further enhance their Decision Making and Public Speaking Ability. We ensure the youths are able to develop profound knowledge on issues critical to the UN agenda and can contribute to shaping the future we want.
- The Professional Certificate welcomes High School and University Students from anywhere in the world who have experience in Model UN or have an interest in global affairs and the United Nations.
- The delegate must be enrolled in a high school or university.
- High school delegates must be between the ages of 15 and 19, and University delegates must be above the age of 17.
- High School and university delegates may register as part of a group or as an individual.
FWW also welcomes advisors who will be accompanying their delegations. High school groups are required to be accompanied by at least one faculty advisor.
- The regular registration period is from April 1, 2019 to June 15, 2019.
- Late registration period is from June 15, 2019 to July 5, 2019.
- All registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Once maximum capacity is reached, delegates will be able to register to be placed on a waitlist. All delegations must submit a full list of delegates and advisors names before July 5th.
- The registration fee is 250 USD without accommodation or 650 USD including 6 nights shared accommodation. The participation to the conference includes training material and delegate kit.
Please note that the fees are nonrefundable.