- Lyon International Model United Nations welcomes University and High School students above the age of 16.
- The number of participants under the age of 18 has a limitation of up to 75.
- Participants under the age of 18 must be under the supervision of a parent, teacher, or faculty advisor.
- Groups of four or more delegates may register as a delegation for the conference.
- Teachers and MUN advisors who have a role in planning and supervising a delegation attending Lyon MUN 2022 should register as faculty advisors.
- Individuals interested in discovering Model United Nations without participating in committee sessions may register as observers.
- To be considered, all applications must be complete and include a motivation letter and a photo ID.
Furthermore, Lyon MUN is a University-Level Conference, so university students’ applications are examined in priority.
- All registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration is complete once you have paid the fees.
- After reaching maximum capacity with regards to payments, delegates will be able to register and will be on a waitlist, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Late registration will only be open as long as the maximum capacity for the conference is not reached.
REGISTRATION FEES AND PAYMENTS
- First, you should note that fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- The regular registration fee is 12€ for single delegates and 12€ for delegation members.
- The Head delegate fee is 12€.
- There is no delegation fee for delegation, faculty advisor as well as observers.
- After payment of the fees, positions in committees will be done via MyMUN.
- Upon request, registrants with complete payment will get a letter of invitation stating the status of their participation in Lyon MUN 2022.
- You should also note that the visa letter will be given only to delegates. To receive such a letter you must contact the Lyon MUN through its mail.
- Registrants may use the letter of invitation in their visa application process. Nevertheless, the visa is not guaranteed.
- The organization does not refund delegates whose visa was denied.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION AND AWARDS
- Certificates of participation will only be issued to delegates. Delegates who miss committee sessions shall not be eligible to receive a certificate of participation.
- Certificates will be handed out physically on the last day of the conference.
- Awards may only be granted to officially registered delegates of the conference who have attended all sessions and proven outstanding participation and positive contribution to the discourse of the conference.
- Furthermore, awards are handed out during the closing ceremony.
- Conference participants are responsible for their safety as well as their belongings at all times.
- Minors attending the conference must be accompanied by an adult to be responsible for their safety.
- Any form of damage to property at any of the venues is strictly prohibited.
- Illegal activities are also strictly prohibited during the conference.
- Lyon International MUN cannot be held accountable for any injuries sustained by participants during the conference.
- Any falsification of information or impersonation of participants is considered a legal violation.
- The dress code of Lyon MUN is formal western business attire. Participants should observe formal attire during all the conferences. You can wear national or traditional attire as long as it respects the formality of the event.
- The official language of the conference is English. Committee languages are English, French and Spanish.
- Lyon MUN expects participants to be of the highest professional and ethical standard at all times.
- Any type of discrimination or harassment is strictly prohibited. The Secretariat encourages anyone who is the victim of such behaviour to report it immediately.
- Any position paper or resolution found to be plagiarism will result in immediate sanctions.
- LyonMUN prohibits alcohol and illicit substances during the entire conference.
- Participants must abide by the laws of the French Republic during the entire duration of the conference.