Applications call for 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A
The VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A program is looking for 10 innovative, high-growth scale-ups to showcase their solutions to the world. Are you operating in Africa, generating revenue, and looking to raise your Series A round in the range of $500K and $10M? This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Being recognized as 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur.
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 150+ early-stage investor organizations.
- Professional edited 3 minutes virtual pitch.
- 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room.
- Mentorship and pitch training by partner VC investors.
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort AWS credits ranging from $10,000 to $25,000, tools, resources, and more to quickly get started on AWS.
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to fundraising opportunities.
- The company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- The product or service must be available on the market and generate revenue;
- The product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale.
- Should have a very strong management team of at least 3 people.
- Team is based in one or more countries on the African continent.
- At least one of the founders has an African nationality.
- It must be seeking Series A investment in the range of $500K – $10M.
- While there will be exceptions, mostly likely your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
- Commercial Value of your Product/Service (25%): Your company addresses a real problem in the market. Your product or service is different from others in the industry. Your business model is new and designed for scale.
- Strategy for Growth (25%): The market size is significant and there is potential to expand locally and into new markets. Your startup is scalable and has a clear strategy for growth. You can show demonstrable progress.
- Management Team (25%): Your team has the qualifications needed to make the business successful.
- Market Traction & Financials (25%): We will evaluate your market traction, revenue streams, and unit economics. Previous outside fundraising is a plus.