The Campus Blockchain Hackathon is an initiative of Africa Blockchain Institute (ABI), to give the students of higher institutions in Africa early exposure to the career and business opportunities being presented by the Blockchain/DLT Digital Innovations.
The Hackathon creates a structured and sustainable community that nurtures and empowers awesome developers by providing and democratizing access to knowledge, capital, and mentorship. This contest asks students from higher academic institutions across Africa, to build Blockchain Applications on Free TON that will add value both to the continent and to the Free TON network.
- Fintech infrastructure/Digital Wallets (to help those who do not have access to banking)
- Human rights protections
- Land ownership and registry
- National voting platforms
- High tech job creation
- Feel free to specify any other applications that best serve the needs of Africa
Africa Blockchain Institute (ABI) Campus Blockchain Hackathon has the following prizes
- 1st Prize: 25,000 TONS
- 2nd Prize: 15,000 TONS
- 3rd Prize: 5,000 TONS
- 4th – 20th Place: 1,000 TONS
- Code: You will build. Most of your time will be spent building your decentralized application, from idea submission to product launch!
- Learn: Workshops, talks, mentors. No matter your expertise, you will learn something there
- Travel: Regional Winners receive all expense paid trip to Visit Rwanda for the Finals
- WIN: Finally, winners get to go home with monetary prizes, plus other supports
- Open to ambitious students that are forward-thinking, innovative, and ready to take on challenges by creating the next “Big Thing”.
- Applicants should be Africans and/or of African descendants, studying in an African
- Institution of Higher Learning.
- Students should have an ID Card.
- Must have basic knowledge of programming languages, i.e., ability to write code in one or all these languages is mandatory: Solidity, C++, or C.
- Have a Github account.