Applications call for African European Digital Venture Program 2020
The African European Digital Venture Program aims to give startups the opportunity to get to know the European and German ecosystem in a concrete and practical way, to establish first contacts that can be the basis for future business and to acquire relevant knowledge for this purpose. Generally, the goal is to give African startups access to know-how about the European market and to strengthen partnerships between African startups and established European companies and startups. The initiation of partnerships in the field of digital transformation, also across continents, will create a win-win situation for both parties.
In the first module “Knowledge Impact”, the African European Digital Venture Program offers the following workshops and expert sessions
- Validation of business model and product-market fit, value proposition sharpening
- Getting to know the European market and German corporates
- Preparation of Market entry strategy
- Sales Processes and Pricing Strategies
- Team Development
- Intercultural awareness
- Financing / Venture Capital
- Visiting Workshops at Bits’n Pretzels, the biggest founder festival in Europe
In the second module “Networking Impact” the African European Digital Venture Program following workshops and expert sessions will be offered:
- Getting to know the ecosystem
- B2B Sales Pitch Training
- Peer-to-peer exchange with German startups
- Workshops with experts
- Feedback from potential (corporate) partners and investors
The African European Digital Venture Program offers the following benefits
- Receive feedback from our business and startups experts
- Gain relevant know-how for collaborating with European companies
- Get your product ready for the European market
- Introductions to European corporates
- Learn about the German and European ecosystem
- Meet European corporates, startups, and investors
- Two modules in two months, coaching sessions between the modules
- Coverage of travel expenses (if traveling is possible)
- Office space (if the module is on-site in Munich (Germany)
- The company is registered in Tunisia or Ghana and at least one founder is African.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, English-speaking team with at least 2 team members and have an exceptional drive,
- The startup must have a market-ready product in place, first customers, and a highly scalable business model.
- It must offer a product or service that enables digital transformation or the digitization of processes in the fields of health, mobility, or built environment.
- Also, it should be aiming to enter the European and/or German market and can prove there is a need for these markets.
- The startup must leverage technologies such as artificial intelligence, data processing, data analytics.
- 2 team members will participate in the program and at least one participant needs to be part of the management team – ideally, these would be CEO and CTO.
- Furthermore, the company profile must be available online with appropriate information for business and financing partners.