Applications call for the Biennial Grant for Documentary or Fine Art Projects. The Biennial Grant aims to fund and support photographers working on documentary or fine art projects. The 4th edition is now open to receive applications. The Biennial’s Grant is open for applications every two years, and it funds photography project expenses through 24 months with a monthly stipend.
Since 2010 The Biennial for Fine Art & Documentary Photography has done a tremendous effort to organize world-class exhibitions. Five editions so far -Madrid 2010, Buenos Aires 2012, Malaga 2014, Berlin 2016, and Barcelona 2018- have exhibited 2,872 works of 1180 photographers from 87 countries. The Biennial evolved to a higher level launching the Biennial Grant to be called every two years.
Moreover, the Biennial Grant consists of a total allowance of $12,000 payable in 24 consecutive monthly stipends of $500 each.
The Biennial Grant launches grants for photographers of all countries, open to everyone; from established pros and amateurs to emerging photographers and students, from documentary photographers and photojournalists to fine art photographers. It aims to
- Operate in a free curatorial environment knowing that it doesn’t matter how photographers make their work; but what they say without the constraints of preconceptions.
- Promote contemporary, avant-garde, creative and experimental works, and photographers challenging personal, emotional or political statements.
- Help grant’s recipients to further their projects by funding shooting and operating expenses, and promoting them in the media and in exhibitions.
- Photographers having the required boldness to grab a shot, no matter what others may be thinking or which the market trends may be.
- Photographers that are aware that it is impossible to consistently create their best work every time they shoot and set a goal to steadily improve by continually expanding their body of work.
- Photographers motivated by creative exploration or, in other words, photographers pursuing the creativity that truly feeds a creative soul.
- Photographers capable of creating awesome images based on an awesome and original concept.
- Photographers who constantly catalyze the passion for their projects, motivated to pushing past conventional boundaries.
- Photographers with the necessary state of mind to be motivated and also inspired to create a magnificent work, obsessed with the idea of creating their magnum opus.
- Photographers never stop working in projects just because they’re holding their breath waiting for the stars to align.