Apply for the British Council IELTS Award 2020 and receive up to £10,000 to fund your studies worldwide!
Creating opportunities that can change lives, British Council IELTS Award was established in order to assist high caliber individuals who have a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The award will enable successful applicants to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad), in an English taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The British Council IELTS Award is worth between £3,000 up to £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution chosen by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual’s selected course. The award applies only to courses in the 2020-21 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution.
If tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
Eligibility for British Council IELTS Award
To be eligible to apply for the British Council IELTS Award Germany 2020 you must:
- be aged 18 years or over on 31 July 2020
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council center in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2019 and 10 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Germany (due to the Covid-19 situation the IELTS Indicator Test will be accepted as well)
- have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- be planning to enroll in the 2019–20 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program taught in English at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list.). The tuition fees of the program of choice must be a minimum of £3,000.
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organization by 31 July 2020.
- Applications will initially be reviewed to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award eligibility criteria and assessed by a panel of British Council/higher education representatives.
- Five applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications, including their personal statements.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence to support their application, such as a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- The final shortlisted applicants will be interviewed (Skype) by a panel of British Council/higher education experts. They will be asked to give a short presentation before being interviewed for final selection.
- Application deadline: 10 June 2020 (14:00, German time)
- Interviews (Skype) of shortlisted applicants: June/July 2020
- Submission of acceptance letter received from a relevant educational organization: 31 July 2020 at the latest
- Notification of final winner(s) and all applicants: July 2020