The Burns Price Foundation calls applications for Change Makers Initiative. The Change Makers Initiative in Partnership with The Burns Price Foundation supports young people under the age of 19 from across the UK, with grants of £100 each to work on grassroots level ideas with art and science at the core of the social action project.
Funding and Benefits
- Initial financial support to the amount of £ 100 per project.
- A higher level of funding (up to £5000) will also be available if the project scope is wider than the initial amount of funding.
- Mentoring support
To be eligible for an award you must
- Be between the ages of 11 – 19 years old on the date of the competition closing.
Be able to start the project by 3 months from the time of the award being given.
You must be able to commit to:
- A series of the online mentoring session(s).
- Submitting a report on activities undertaken.
- As a role model for the Program speaking about your experience at potential events
Do consider and think of the following questions to help you write your application :
- Who does the project benefit? i.e, the local community where you live or a global digital community anyone can learn from and replicate
- Why is it important to you? (This is more about why is the project important? A bit of research on example- the lack of information on what a scientist does thus few students wanting to study science…what is going on right now, that the project should be developed?)
- What is expected outreach/ impact? how many lives will be changed?, inspired? , how will the outcomes improve? etc…has it benefited more than one person, can it be seen as an example by young people across the world and modeled in their communities, can it encourage a lot of people to get involved?
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here