Call for proposals: UNESCO Awareness raising campaign on migration and COVID-19 in West and Central Africa.
UNESCO is implementing a project entitled “Empowering Young People in Africa through Media and Communication”, which benefits to eight countries in West and Central Africa: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, and Senegal. The project is supported by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and its special committee (“Comitato Congiunto per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo”), within the framework of the “Fondo Africa”. The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) ensures financial and operational follow-up.
The main objective of the project is to empower young boys and girls to make informed decisions on migration issues through better access to quality information (ODD 16.10). Moreover, the project aims at
- Strengthening the access to quality information for the population in West and Central Africa (in particular the youth, considered as the most vulnerable) on migration, including irregular migration (root causes, flows, risks), in the sub-region and towards Europe.
- Promoting gender equality in capacity building of media professionals, editorial content, and access to information, in relation to migration issues.
- Supporting peaceful dialogue between migrants and host communities in the target countries through media and communication.
- Strengthen the capacities of journalists (especially young journalists) to produce ethical and professional reporting, including in the field of investigative journalism, on migration.
- Strengthening the capacities of young artists to produce content on migration.
- At least five (05) years of experience in the management of project development in the field of communication and information.
- Demonstrated experience in working with national and local media (TV, radio, print and online media, community radio) in West and Central Africa, particularly in the target countries.
- Good knowledge of the challenges and issues of migration in West and Central Africa, and of the media perspective.
- Demonstrated capacity in planning, management, and reporting of activities.
- Previous experience with United Nations agencies would be an important asset.
- Furthermore, excellent writing skills in English and/or French, and very good knowledge of the selected languages of this activity.
In order to participate in this Call for Proposal: UNESCO Awareness campaign against COVID-19, the applicant must submit the following documents to [email protected]
- A detailed implementation strategy as well as a detailed budget proposal.
- Documents proving the experience and qualifications required.
- CVs of the persons in the project.
- Examples of technical and financial reports in previous projects.
See the terms of reference for more information.