Fulbright Foreign Language (Arabic) Teaching Assistant Fellowships in USA
Applications are open for Fulbright Foreign Language (Arabic) Teaching Assistant Fellowships funded by U.S. Government. These fellowships are available for Israeli applicants. The purpose of the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program is to strengthen the instruction of foreign languages at US colleges and universities. The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the US government, plays a prominent role in the international education system.
These fellowships are available to teach Arabic and in parallel take at least two US studies or teaching methodology classes per semester.
- Tuition scholarship for coursework
- Monthly subsistence stipend
- Roundtrip transportation to and from the host campus
- Health insurance
- Participation in special Fulbright workshops and Fulbright Enrichment Seminars
- Pre-departure orientation
- Candidates must be Israeli citizens. Dual American-Israeli citizens or permanent residents of the United States are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be resident in Israel throughout the application and selection process.
- Candidates must hold an academic degree by June 1, 2019.
- The candidate’s mother tongue (native language) must be Arabic (i.e. the candidate must have grown up in an Arabic-speaking household).
- Fluency in English is mandatory. All candidates, including those who have studied in English-speaking countries, must submit a recent TOEFL score of at least 79 (or IELTS score of at least 6.5). Candidates must take the test by the application deadline. When registering for the test, be sure to note that your score should be sent to USIEF, code 5373. Visit the TOEFL website for further information.
- Candidates must be in good health. Those selected as program fellows are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before the award of their grants can be finalized.
- Prior conviction or current indictment for a felony may result in disqualification.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Completed application form including essays
- Official academic transcripts
- Official degree diploma/certificate of completion
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online by the referees
- Biodata page of Passport
Deadline: 15th February 2018