Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program 2019 is calling for applications. This program will provide Cambodian teachers with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge of the United States. The Fulbright TEA is a six-week non-degree, non-credit academic program at a U.S. university. The program will consist of general academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, content-based instruction, project-based learning, infusing thematic topics into curriculum, lesson planning, and instructional technology training for teachers.
Benefits of the Program
- The international participants will travel to the United States for one of two six-week professional development programs in either spring of 2020 or fall of 2020.
- Fulbright TEA provides academic seminars on teaching methodologies and strategies, curriculum development, lesson planning, and instructional technology training. Also, an intensive English language instruction will be offered to teachers who need additional practice. The program will include a practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher in a U.S. secondary school near the host university to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment.
- Above all, cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided to participants throughout the program.
- Be current secondary school-level, full-time teachers in a school that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population;
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in Fulbright TEA teaching disciplines: English, EFL, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, or Special Education;
- Likewise, be citizens of and residents in Cambodia;
- Furthermore, have earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Also, obtain a minimum score of 450 on paper based TOEFL or equivalent English language examination.
- In addition, demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program
In order to get considerations for the program, you need to submit a complete application.