Fully Funded Swedish Institute Program Africa has opened the application. The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in market-driven economies.
As a participant in the programme, you will meet prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia who will be presenting topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stakeholder engagement, and leadership development. The curriculum includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases and interactive workshops with experienced practitioners. It also includes company visits and coaching on your own business case.
By the end of the programme, you are a part of a long-lasting and active network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa, and Europe.
SIMP will give you:
- A global network of leaders focused on sustainable business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
- have the mandate to influence the business strategy for your organization
- are between 25-45 years old (born 1974 – 1994)
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
- can take part in all parts of the programme
- are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme