Young Peacebuilders Program in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) 2019 edition is designed to strengthen the skills of young women and men from the MENA region in tackling negative stereotypes, prejudice and xenophobia while providing them with access to regional and global peace building networks and raising visibility of their innovative as well as effective peace work in the field. Moreover, the long-term goal is the integration of young peace builders in governmental peace processes / policies.
During the programme, 20 selected participants will:
- Learn about negative stereotypes and how to critically analyze them to reduce their prevalence;
- Also, Understand different perspectives in identity-based conflict and gain tools to develop solutions at local, national and regional levels and transform conflicts peacefully;
- Identify push and pull factors creating conditions conducive to violent extremism;
- Also, Develop competences to use different forms of media or expressive arts as a way to create alternative narratives, reduce polarization and promote social inclusion; as well as
- Learn how to successfully design and run project.
All selected youth participants will be provided with:
- Round-trip travel (international or domestic flight, economy class) to the city of the face-to-face workshop as well as to the city of the symposium;
- Also, Shared accommodation (double-rooms), with a participant from the same gender, in the city of the workshop as well as the city of the symposium;
- Meals and coffee breaks during the official duration of the workshop and the symposium; as well as
- Shuttles or reimbursement of transportation to/from the airport and hotel in the city of the face-to-face workshop and city of the symposium.
Applicants should be:
- Between 18 and 25 years old
- Citizen of a MENA country
- Interested in taking part in an intercultural learning experience with other young people from MENA. And also, improve their actions to promote peace.
- Part of a youth-led organization, network or initiative.