Applications are open for Girl Up Scholarship Fund 2021. Girl Up aims to bridge the gender gap and breaking down barriers everywhere they exist. Supported by partners and donors, the new Girl Up Scholarship Fund honors young leaders’ unwavering commitment to making the world a better place for every girl, everywhere. In its first year, the Fund will support 20 Girl Up members as they pursue higher education. Applications are now open for the 2020-2021 academic year.
To be eligible for the Girl Up Scholarship Fund, applicants must:
- Be a Girl Up member from anywhere around the world
- Enrolled in a 2-year, 4-year, or technical college by the time of selection (graduating high school seniors can apply).
Candidates must be pursuing education related to select categories:
- Storytelling: If you are majoring in communications, creative writing, videography, graphic design, journalism, or a related field OR you are using storytelling to create change in your community. Examples: being on your school newspaper, organizing poetry readings, using your social media as a platform for change, etc.
- Sports: If you are majoring in kinesiology, sports medicine, athletic training, sports administration and management, pre-physical therapy, physical education teaching, or a related field OR you are using sports to create change in your community.
Examples: mentoring younger female athletes, playing a collegiate sport and using your platform for social good, increasing spectators at female sporting events, etc.
- STEM: If you are majoring in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or a related field; OR you are using STEM to create change in your community. Examples: teaching younger students to code, creating an app for social good, tutoring female students in STEM, etc.