Applications call for Global Citizen Academy Instructor 2020
As an instructor, candidates will be part of a team that will launch the innovative and exciting new program, Global Citizen Academy. Instructors will teach one of two courses for a diverse group of recent high school graduates. Instructors will teach the course using Minerva’s Forum learning platform, a web-based platform that supports real-time, synchronous seminars with high levels of student-faculty interaction. Global Citizen Academy are looking for individuals who have a growth mindset, are comfortable with technology, are passionate about developing young leaders, and have a student-focused approach to their facilitation.
- Average 10-12 hours per week. Times and days of the week vary depending on class schedule and will be discussed during the hiring process.
- There will be three weeks of online training (6-10 hrs per week) focusing on Global Citizen Year, tech platform for the course, and the curriculum.
- Complete all necessary prep work to deliver the Global Citizen Academy curriculum.
- Teach one of the following two courses:
- Systems & Society: Explore the complex relationships between human behavior, group dynamics, and society. (90 min 19 student section, twice per week)
- Leadership As A Practice: Build a foundation of living and leading with purpose. (one 90 min 19 student section and four 60 min 4-5 student sections, once per week)
- Follow up: grading, feedback, and office hours for students.
- Weekly check-ins with fellow instructors and supervisors.
- Documented teaching experience.
- Experience facilitating classroom discussions and/or some familiarity with active engagement techniques.
- Experienced with interdisciplinary curricula and comfort with teaching outside one’s primary expertise.
- Experience teaching critical thinking and problem solving, as well as guiding students to work on project-based assignments.
- The skills and ability to quickly learn and become comfortable with new technology platforms.
- Experience with online facilitation
- Experience working with high school or college students
- International work experience
- Ph.D. or Masters degree
In order to apply, candidates must apply online with the following documents
- A resume that outlines your relevant experience.
- A cover letter that includes why you believe you would be a good fit to be an instructor for Global Citizen Academy and your connection to Global Citizen Year’s mission.
- References should include people who can attest to the quality of your teaching, your general quality of mind, and your openness to new pedagogical approaches.
- Indicate how you learned of the opening.
APPLY FOR GLOBAL CITIZEN ACADEMY INSTRUCTOR