Applications are open for Goethe Institute Travel Grants 2021. This grant for international artists to travel to Germany. This funding is for music projects of ensembles from developing and transition countries as per the DAC list that cannot afford the cost of international travel owing to their economic situation. It is for professional ensembles and artists as well as for amateur and youth ensembles. As a rule, it takes the form of a travel grant.
- The applicant ensemble must demonstrate a high level of musicianship.
- Cultural significance of the project.
- The artistic exchange must be central to the project.
- Coherent program and schedule.
The following projects are not eligible for funding from Goethe Institute Travel Grants
- Music projects mainly for fundraising purposes
- Brief/weekend trips as well as travel mainly for touristic purposes
- Folklore events
- Projects aimed at spreading partisan, religious or ideological views
- Completed application form
- Detailed project description
- Recent audio recording (link)
- A brief history of the foreign ensemble
- Detailed timetable and schedule
- An invitation extended by the applicant to the foreign ensemble
- Two quotes either from two independent tour operators or from an online price comparison portal
- A numbered list of participants, indicating each participant’s role, date of birth, and place of residence
Erläuterungen zur Antragsstellung