Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) calls application for Innovating Justice Challenge 2021. The Innovating Justice Challenge invited all startups that are transforming the justice sector to become part of our 2021 Accelerator cohort. Since 2011, HiiL have successfully funded, trained and scaled over 120 startups globally. The Innovating Justice Challenge invites the most promising justice startups from:
- East Africa (except Uganda)
- West Africa
- Southern Africa
- MENA region (especially Tunisia, Lebanon and Jordan)
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4-month long programme that provides you with:
- €10,000 non-equity seed funding.
- Full training program delivered by industry specialists: business growth, marketing, team & leadership, impact measurement and much more.
- Coaching sessions and mentorship on topics of your choice.
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice leaders, legal tech organisations and top level researchers.
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities.
- Chance to win up to €20.000 at the pitch event of the Innovating Justice Forum.
HiiL Innovating Justice Challenge is looking for justice startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better
- Working conditions with their employer.
- Separation terms with their spouse.
- Protection against theft, fraud and violence.
- Arrangements about noise, damages and property access with their neighbor.
- Housing maintenance and rent conditions with their landlord.
- Agreements on ownership, registration and use of land.
- Contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business.
To apply your startup needs to have
- A service that prevents or resolves a clear local justice problem.
- Proven customer demand, demonstrate increasing revenue and impact.
- A scalable business model and the potential to become financially sustainable.
- To be led by a dedicated team with experienced founders.