Apply for Joke Waller-Hunter (JWH) Initiative Grants 2021. The Joke Waller-Hunter (JWH) Initiative creates opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries to unfold their full potential.
By giving small grants to individuals to expand their knowledge, experience and training, the Initiative aims to strengthen environmental Civil Society Organisations capacity and efficiency. The mission of the JWH Initiative is thus to provide an accessible and tailored small grant for education and training of individuals who are nominated by their organisation as potential future leaders.
The following grants are available per round:
- 10 grants of 2.500 Euro
- 4 grants of 5.000 Euro
- 2 grants of 7.000 Euro
- Young people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership.
- Candidates can come from anywhere except from ‘advanced economies’.
- The definition of ‘young’ is not linked to a concrete age limit.
- However, preference will be given to young women and men under 35 of age.
- The call especially encourages the nomination of young women and local community leaders.
The candidates should have proof of an excellent track record in
- Fully embracing the idea of sustainable development.
- A strong background in working on environmental and sustainable development issues.
- Showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in her/his field of work, such as being inspirational and a support to others, working with communities, being innovative and creative.
- Committed to work on environmental and sustainable development issues in their country/region.
- Furthermore, the candidate should be willing and have the potential to report on the development of their leadership capacities.
Who can nominate?
- The nominator takes part of the responsibility for the participants’ genuineness; and also will co-sign the Memorandum of Understanding should the candidate be selected.
- If the nominating organization does not have any previous links with the JWH Initiative and/or Both ENDS they might be asked to provide proof of their credibility and their commitment to working on issues of environmental sustainability.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here