Applications call for Kyiv International Short Film Festival. KISFF invites all kinds of short films with a duration of up to 30 minutes to be submitted for the selection. Ukrainian premieres are preferred. The films must be created not earlier than January 1, 2017. There are no restrictions regarding the filmmaker’s age and country of production.
The aim of Kyiv International Short Film Festival (KISFF) is to present the wide range of short films from all around the globe, created by professional filmmakers as well as by film school students or independent filmmakers, and to develop a space for the presentation of Ukrainian cinema and for communication and experience exchange between Ukrainian and International directors and artists.
Awards & Prizes
- International Jury will select the best films in the competition program. The authors will receive prizes.
- Three main awards will be given to the winning films: Best Film Award, Best Director Award, Audience Award, and two or more Special Mentions.
- You are eligible for a free submission if you are: Film school representative, submitting films of your students and Ukrainian filmmaker
- If you are an individual filmmaker (not from Ukraine) or a distribution company, you can submit your film using FilmFreeway with the following submission fees: For films under 15 minutes: $6 for a regular deadline (ends on February 28) and $8 for a late deadline (ends on March 10) and For films over 15 minutes: $8 for the regular deadline (ends on February 28) and $10 for a late deadline (ends on March 10).
- Films are chosen by KISFF’s selection committee. The authors of selected films will be notified about the results one month prior to the Festival by email.
- In case of selection, the submitter will be asked to send the screening copy/data file, film stills, director’s portrait, English dialogue list as well as printed out and signed entry form to the Festival’s address or email.
- Selected films will be screened in Kyiv during the Festival; not more than twice and the best works will be included in the selection for screening during a tour in Ukrainian cities.
- The director of each film will be invited to Kyiv with accommodation provided for all the dates of the Festival.