Applications call for LabEight Africa Incubator 2020
At LabEight Africa, our vision is to build an ecosystem of socially conscious local entrepreneurs that deliver world-class solutions over the next decade. The mission of the program is to support local entrepreneurs by providing the necessary operational and technical support as well as equipping them with the leadership and business skills needed to build socially conscious solutions while still delivering on our mandate of growing a world-class local ecosystem.
The LabEight Africa Incubator Program aims to aid the company and entrepreneurs in the following sectors
- Training & Mentorship: To help young local entrepreneurs develop world-class solutions.
- Social Impact: To contribute to the growth of the tech ecosystem on the continent.
- Solve Problems: To develop solutions that solve the socio-economic prob
- CTO/CxO matchmaking with key serial entrepreneurs and experienced product developers to join the startup and the founding team.
- Individualized coaching and mentorship from the LabEight* team, 25+ mentors including serial entrepreneurs and investors through one-on-one meetings.
- LabSeries events featuring topics relevant to startups including understanding market size, choosing a revenue model, and how to pitch.
- Exclusive Pitch Night during which participating companies have the opportunity to pitch to an audience of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, and community members.
- Build relationships within each cohort of companies and the community of global LabEight* alumni.
- Anybody from any country in Africa with an idea that solves social problems with potential scale can participate.
- The business does not need to be registered to apply.
- They are primarily targeting early-stage startups and founders. However, startups who have raised funds can also apply to participate in the program.
More information available here