Master the Mainframe by IBM is a fun way to get hands-on experience across a variety of technologies, to develop valuable skills, and to earn digital badges – with no prior knowledge required. The Student Contest and the Learning System are available worldwide.
- Part 1: Learn the basics of navigation, files, and programs.
- Part 2: Practice programming languages, operating systems, and technologies.
- Part 3: Participate in real-world challenges.
The mainframe platform enables you to work on networking, analytics, databases, deep programming languages, and APIs — the full 360 degrees of IT. It started as a contest and has grown into a community of participants, employers, and fans collaborating on new skills and career development.
- Gain the unique skills required for enterprise systems.
- Learn how to code and build innovations using the mainframe.
- Earn Digital Badges.
- Find employment opportunities.
- Take advantage of a graded, turnkey, hands-on project that is easily incorporated into curriculums
- Get additional educator resources—including curricula, access to systems, e-learning, and more– through the IBM Z Academic Initiative.
- Connect with talented students who have earned Master the Mainframe Digital Badges using
- Talent Match and the job board.
- Upskill and reskill your employees using the Learning System to introduce the mainframe.
- Learning System: Anyone can register to use the Learning System and earn IBM Digital Badges. Take on the same challenges, but no prizes are awarded. The system is open year-round.
- The Student Contest: Students attending any accredited institution can register for the global virtual contest, compete for prizes, and earn badges. The contest is open from September 14, 2020, through January 17, 2021.