ONE Champions Program is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 50 emerging leaders between 18-35 years of age who will champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal level in Nigeria.
Moreover, ONE in Nigeria is recruiting for its 4th cohort of the ONE Champions Program. It advocates and campaigns on education, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty with focus on gender and youth.
Furthermore, ONE champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes as well as public investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
- A fantastic opportunity and network to make significant impact in community and the world working with a highly visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment.
- Also, Training on grassroots campaigning and advocacy
- Gain experience on the practical side of campaigning
- Also, Opportunities to engage with policy makers
- Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation/completion
- Also, Exposure and Represent ONE at both local and international conferences
ONE Champions will have:
- A passion for their mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
- Also, Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Also, Strong organisational skills with the ability to organize own workload efficiently
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Also, Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Also, Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilize different people to support ONE’s initiatives
- Only applicants who are between the ages of 18 and 35 will be considered.