Apply for One World Media Global Short Docs Forum. The Global Short Docs Forum brings together 12 filmmakers selected from a global call, to attend an intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings. Over four weeks of masterclasses, workshops and mentoring we take your short doc from conception to the commission.
One World Media Global Short Docs Forum is a dedicated event to bridge the gap between the growing number of online media platforms looking for documentary shorts, and short doc of filmmakers
- Dedicated to Shorts: Pitching and development forum wholly dedicated to documentary shorts: GSDF is the first of its kind.
- New and diverse voices: Fresh and unique narratives offering original perspectives on the dominant digital platforms.
- Meet the gatekeepers: Curated workshops, pitch training, and networking opportunities between the experts and the makers.
- Access to market: Access for diverse filmmakers to the growing market of online platforms seeking untold stories.
- Positive storytelling: They have a special interest in stories that have a social, political, or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
- Invaluable pitching training and mentoring.
- Workshops + masterclasses from industry experts.
- One-to-one meetings with digital platforms.
- Connect with doc filmmakers from all over the world.
- Filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives.
- Open to applications from all over world, with documentary projects up to 30 mins.
- Special interest in stories that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions
- journalism approach or give us a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
How does it work?
- The annual call for applications is open to all.
- Selection is based on the filmmaker’s proven ability and the strength of the story, characters and footage provided.
- 12 selected applicants participate in a 4 week intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings.
- Applications to GSDF are free.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here