Paid UN Youth Volunteer in Youth Empowerment opportunity is available in Jordan. The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. The UN Youth Volunteer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
Benefits of Volunteering
- UNV provides life, health, permanent disability insurances as well as assignment travel, annual leave, full integration in the UN security framework (including residential security reimbursements).
- Furthermore, UN Volunteers are paid Daily Subsistence Allowance at the UN rate for official travels, flight tickets for the final repatriation travel (if applicable).
- Also, a resettlement allowance is paid for satisfactory service at the end of the assignment.
- Eligible candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the entire duration of their service.
- Bachelor Degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Gender or Women’s Studies, or any other relevant field
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in democratization, youth participation, SDGs, social innovation or any other relevant field
- Likewise, demonstrated interest and/or experience in the Arab region
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture would be highly regarded
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills
- Moreover, willingness to contribute and work as part of a team
- Flexible and open to learning new experiences
- Similarly, respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- Directly support the Youth Leadership Programme by following up on implementation, coordinating with partners
- Support the development of an overview and analysis of the relevant partners, donors and stakeholders
- In addition, contribute to strategic planning, developing innovative responses
- Support the preparation of technical reports, briefs and required documents, including project progress reports, concept notes, background documents and briefing notes