Applications call for the Future of Media challenge. The Future of Media challenge is seeking to explore pathways to optimize digital platforms of existing media houses or explore new media pathways of generating revenue. This creates an opportunity for innovative relevant products or services that will revolutionize the media sector. The Innovation Village in partnership with Nation Media Group is running the Future of Media Challenge to develop and showcase innovative solutions that can be scaled to address these challenges.
The Innovation Village in partnership with Nation Media Group is launching the Future of Media Program that is seeking for innovators with a passion for developing sustainable digital solutions that will transform the media industry in Uganda in one or more of the following ways:
- How might we strengthen our customer and user understanding across our platforms?
- How might Media houses leverage digital content and platforms to increase revenue streams?
- How might we shift from traditional business models [that is making money at the moment although declining] to reflect new trends in the media business, brands, etc.?
- Partnership: Ideas / Solutions accepted for the challenge will stand a chance to a Pilot solution with Nation Media Group.
- Mentors and Networks: Undergo Support with leading media specialists, business mentors, and connections to strategic partners.
- One-on-one training: Teams will receive one-on-one business training from experienced industry leads.
- Continued Support: Ecosystem connections through our network and peer advisory.
The Future of Media Challenge is open for the following ideas
- The solution: The participating team should share a visual representation or mock-up designs of their proposed solution
- The Startup: This team should consist of members with various skillsets, demonstrate added value and cohesiveness.
- Business Model: The startup should have a good idea of the business model envisaged for the solution – with a good idea of the key resources needed to grow the solution.
- Innovation: Ingenuity of the solution or improvement of existing technology-based process
- How well does the solution respond to the need and defined challenge?
- The solution shows a good understanding of the market and customer it is targeting.
- The potential impact of the solution on the media sector at scale.