The New York Academy of Sciences calls application for 1000 Girls 1000 Futures Program 2020 for Young Women in STEM. 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math, and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development. Women can either join this program as mentors or as mentees. Basically, this program is open to
- Girls around the world, aged 13-17 years old currently enrolled in high school or an equivalent, who are enthusiastic about science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM).
- Women working in STEM, across all disciplines and sectors, who are willing to act as mentors, coaches, and role models.
- Mentoring from real scientists and engineers in the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures network.
- Coursework, completed at your own pace, emphasizing college readiness, leadership, communication, and critical thinking.
- The opportunity to network with an awesome group of peers and female STEM professionals through social interaction, message boards, online events, and activities such as an optional Book Club. This is a safe, fun place to be a smart girl.
- Students and mentors not only gain access to an exclusive STEM network – they also receive a FREE 1-year membership to the New York Academy of Sciences.
- Girl between 13-17 years old, enrolled in high school or the equivalent.
- Interest in the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Graduate student, postdoc, or professional working in a STEM-related field.
- Ability to access at least one device with internet capabilities.
- Communicate fluently and clearly in spoken and written English.
- Have conducted scientific research in the past (preferred, but not required).
Become a Mentee
Become a Mentor