The People For Peat (PFP) Business Hub calls applications for the 2021 cohort. It is a 9-month journey with PFP with the aim of optimizing innovative solutions in business, finance, and peat management with industry experts and investors – tailored for each unique business.
The People For Peat (PFP) Business Hub offers the following benefits
- Accelerator Programme: 9-month long accelerator programme assisted by country-specific peatland consultants.
- Business Mentorship & Technical Assistance: Business mentorship and technical assistance from a Panel of Experts made up of industry experts.
- Regional & Global Visibility: Project visibility to gain regional and global market access.
- ASEAN-wide Peatland Network: Partnership and collaboration with non-state actor peatland network across ASEAN.
- Access to Capital: Access to capital from the PFP financial ecosystem.
- Link to Investors: Multi-stage link to investors for detailed project funding alignment.
Who can apply?
Peat-related businesses in ASEAN (private sector, CSOs, NGOs, smallholder farmers & co-operatives, research and trade organisations; excluding Brunei & Singapore) that hope to improve their environmental, financial, and/or social impact(s) can apply.
Project Themes of Interest
- Peat protection, restoration and rehabilitation
- Improved SME capacities and community livelihoods
- Economically viable and investable
- Relevance to improving peatland management
- Realistic financial plan & business models – preference for post-revenue enterprises
- Prioritised themes: Peat protection and/or restoration; Improving SME capacities & community livelihoods
- Economically viable & investible peat projects; Clearly-defined needs for business support & technical assistance
- Impact measurements: Peat protection; Social inclusion & empowerment; and Economic productivity
- Local stakeholder buy-in
- Organizational strength
- Focus on under supported geographical areas
for more information.